The City of Tucson and Pima County offer down payment assistance to homebuyers across Pima County. Community Investment Corporation (CIC) is the program administrator and provides the down payment assistance.
If you are interested in applying for the HOME program, please contact one of the approved counseling agencies listed below. If you are eligible for assistance, the counseling agency will request down payment assistance from CIC on your behalf.
- Down payment assistance of 3.5% of purchase price
- Homebuyer education course
|Family Size||Maximum Household Income||Family Size||Maximum Household Income|
|Property Type||Maximum Purchase Price*|
*effective April 15, 2019
- Homebuyer must contribute $1,000 minimum of his/her own funds (must be documented and verified) towards the home
- Homebuyer must complete a homebuyer education course through an approved counseling agency
- Cannot own a home at the time of purchase
- Certified Home Inspection (HQS) required – paid upfront by buyer and can be applied toward the required $1,000 buyer minimum contribution
- DPA loan forgiven after 5 years
- Homebuyer must agree to occupy property as principal residence
- Homebuyers may not have cash assets exceeding $10,000
- Homebuyer must have the equivalent of one month’s mortgage payment in reserve on deposit in the bank
HOME down payment assistance may be combined with a Mortgage Credit Certificate and the Pima Tucson Homebuyers Solution down payment assistance program.
An MCC is a tax credit that reduces your federal tax liability. You receive a tax credit for 40% (up to a maximum $2,000) of your annual mortgage interest payment each year for as long as you own and remain in the home purchased.