We offer a loan product meant to help you meet an unexpected expense or pay off a high-interest loan you already have. We do NOT offer cash; rather, we will cut a check made out to the party in need of payment.
Our group of partners is offering these loans as a way of helping you and fighting predatory lenders. Many lenders (online and in Arizona) take advantage of those in need by charging outrageous interest rates and adding hidden fees. We promise transparency as well a fixed interest rate and loan term.
The partners bringing you this service are:
Amount: $200 – $1,000
Interest Rate: 12% annual/APR (1% monthly)
Non-cash: We will cut a check made out to the party in need of payment
Repayment / Loan Term: Up to 12 months, monthly payments
Repayment Method: Direct deposit or automatic withdrawal
To participate, you must:
- Work for or use the services of one of our participating non-profits (see below).
- Provide financial information on your income, expenses, debt, etc.
- Have been employed for at least 12 months for an average of at least 30 hours/week (this will be verified with your employer)
Have another form of steady income for the past 12 months
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a Social Security Card (the card cannot state “NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT”)
- Have a driver’s license or valid, government-issued ID
- Provide two months of current pay stubs or a profit & loss statement if you own a business
- Provide proof of address via a utility statement, cell phone bill, or lease agreement showing your current address
- Have $5 to open a bank account at Pyramid Federal Credit Union (they will provide the loan)
- Be willing to set up monthly payments via payroll deduction or auto bill pay
- Complete an 8-part (free) Credit Builder Course facilitated by Catholic Community Services, Pio Decimo Center.
Please note that additional information may be requested and that income limits apply.
Currently, we are offering this loan to staff or clients of the following non-profits:
- Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona – Staff
- Old Pueblo Community Services – Staff
- Pio Decimo Center (Catholic Community Services) – Staff & Clients
- Primavera Foundation – Staff
- Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation – Staff
- Southern Arizona Land Trust – Staff & Clients
- Tucson Urban League – Staff
- YWCA – Staff & Clients
If you are interested in applying, please use the link below to apply online.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us!
To AVOID a high-interest loan, contact Anne Marie at 520-622-2801, x7114 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To PAY OFF a high-interest loan, contact Nick at 520-529-1766, x209 or email@example.com (se habla español)