Social Impact Lending Impact
$0.63 of every dollar lent goes to a nonprofit organization
38% of businesses are woman-owned
45% of businesses are managed by women
As a non-profit lender, our goal is not to maximize profit, but rather, to create a wider social benefit for the community. We consider ourselves an alternative lender in that we focus on lending to segments of the community of Southern Arizona that may not be able to attain a loan through traditional means. Some of the sectors we serve include:
- Local businesses – We focus on lending to business owners and operators who face a variety of obstacles in getting financing.
- Nonprofits – Loans can help nonprofits grow their operations, take on new ventures, and fulfill their missions. This includes social service organizations and schools, among others.
- Clients of nonprofits – Nonprofits sometimes work with community members who could, themselves, benefit from a loan. We partner with nonprofits interested in extending this benefit to their clients and participants.
- Consumers – We focus on fighting predatory lending in our community by offering an alternative source of emergency funds at a reasonable interest rate. This includes refinancing individuals out of high interest rate products.
With every loan we make, our goal is to improve the lives and livelihoods of those in our community while strengthening our local economy. In an effort to maximize our impact, we have created financial incentives for borrowers who are making a positive social impact. To learn more, read about our enhanced community benefit program.
Our Loan Programs
Please browse the links below to learn more about the various ways we lend money.
Home Ownership Assistance Impact
CIC participates in a variety of down payment assistance programs to help Arizona families secure safe, affordable homes. Through the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC), Pima Tucson Homebuyers Solutions, and HOME Down Payment Assistance programs, CIC has helped 1,798 homeowners secure over $11 million in downpayment assistance.
If you would like to learn more about our downpayment assistance programs, please visit the pages linked below.
- By assisting schools with their reporting responsibilities, CIC enhances communities and our most important asset – our youth.
- Revenue earned through the Bond Compliance Program is funneled into our Community Lending Program, which fuels business expansion and increases hiring capabilities within our community.
- Underwriters, bondholders and investors can rest assured that reporting will be on time and as required.